1. What is The KRe8 48?
Teams have just one weekend to make a short film. This means all writing, shooting, editing and scoring must be done within a 48 hour window beginning Friday evening at 7:00pm and ending Sunday at 7:30pm. The following weekend, the completed films are screened to an eager audience.
2. How much is the registration fee? Is it per person or per team?
The registration fee is for the entire team!
The fee varies depending on when you register, the sooner you sign up, the more you save!
3. If I have to drop out, how do I withdraw?
If a team unfortunately needs to drop out we will issue refunds on a case by case basis. However, no refunds will be issued for anyone within 7 days of the event.
4. What are the films about?
The theme of this event is centered around Halloween favorites! Find out more day of!
5. Who sees the films?
The films screen the following weekend at The KRe8 Place! The filmmakers, actors, family, friends and local community are all invited to purchase tickets to the premier!
6. Who are the filmmakers?
The KRe8 48 is open to all filmmakers, beginners, novices, and pros!
7. Is there a limit to the number of people on a team?
8. Am I allowed to be on more than one team?
9. How long are the films?
The films are short; they must be a minimum of 4 minutes and a maximum of 7 minutes long.
10. How is the event advertised?
The event is advertised by word of mouth, on the web, and via local press.
11. Who judges the films?
The Grand Prize Winner will be determined as a crowd favorite during the premiere!
12. Can I or my organization be a sponsor?
Of course! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. Does the maximum length of the film include credits?
No. Your film may be 7 minutes long plus 1 minute of credits at the beginning or end of the film.
13. Are we allowed to have footage under our closing credits?
Yes, however, the story must be complete before the closing credits begin.
14. Are stock footage and photos allowed?
Stock photos–yes, provided you have permission to use them. However, no footage outside of what is created over the 48 hour time period is allowed.
15. Is animation allowed?
Yes. However, only animation created during the 48 hour period is allowed. And, as with a live action film, you must have all rights to the animation you submit.
16. Are effects allowed?
You may use visual effects and any visual effects software that you have the right to use.
17. May we include our logo that was made before the filmmaking weekend?
Yes, provided that it begins the film and is shorter than five seconds long.
18. Do I have full rights to my final film?
Yes, feel free to share your masterpiece as you wish!
19. Do you offer any resources to help with the film?
Yes! We offer access to production equipment, recording studio, editing suite, and space usage for a discounted rate that weekend.